An exciting opportunity has arisen for a great Kitchen Porter to join our team.
As Kitchen Porter, you’ll be responsible for:
- Receive deliveries from suppliers with necessary monitoring of quality and food safety
- Rapid dispersal of deliveries to appropriate stores or work areas/chefs
- Transfer of waste to the correct external waste bins
- Cleaning of pots, pans, and utensils
- Operating the dishwashing machine as instructed
- General cleaning of walls, floors, and food preparation services
- Periodic cleaning of cooking equipment and similar
- Assist the chef(s) in basic food preparation
- Working in an efficient manner
- Attending company training sessions when required.
- Reporting any fault to the kitchen manager or head chef.
No experience is necessary as training will be provided, so if you are reliable, flexible, able to use your own initiative and have good communication skills, including an intermediate level of spoken English, then we’d like to hear from you.
Working 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, including evening and weekend work on a rota basis.
You’ll receive excellent benefits including a generous holiday allowance, a great pension scheme, free lunch and discounted bus travel.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The vacancy is open until the role is filled with the suitable candidates
Worcester College is equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates. Worcester actively welcomes diversity amongst its staff and students and all reasonable adjustments will be made to the recruitment process, working arrangements and/or environment to accommodate applicants with any form of disability.
Please let us know if you believe there are any reasonable adjustments we should be making to assist you with your application. If you feel that you have a disability which may affect your application, please let us know.
Please also let us know of any reasonable adjustments that we would need to make for you to attend an interview.