Finance and Fees Information

The course fee covers teaching and other academic services and facilities provided to support graduate studies. It does not cover accommodation or other living costs. Information about course fees can be found on the University's website.

You may have seen separate figures in the past for tuition fees and college fees. The University has now combined these into a single figure.

Single graduate students need to allow at least £13,620 a year for living costs.

Graduates are eligible to apply for extraordinary academic expenses grants from the college as follows:

  • 1 year taught degree students: £300 general allowance and a £50 book allowance
  • Students on research degrees lasting less than 3 years and 2 year taught degrees: £550 general allowance
  • Students on research degrees lasting 3 years or more: £750 general allowance

Graduates wishing to apply for an academic expenses grant should contact the Graduate Officer.

Information about fees and funding can be found on the University's webpages here, including a useful funding search function.

Financial Hardship

The College is concerned that students' academic work should not be adversely affected by financial hardship. There are two main sources of funding available to students affected by unforeseen financial difficulties:

Grants from the Access to Learning Fund (government money, providing a supplementary source of financial assistance for publicly funded students suffering financial hardship).

College and University hardship funds. These are aimed primarily at those who are in financial hardship, but who are not eligible for a grant from the Access to Learning Fund. Help may be given either as a grant or a loan, or both.

Current students can refer to this page for further information on hardship funding.