How to Apply
Graduate Admissions Selection Criteria for Worcester College
- Applicants must first have been accepted by a department or faculty of the University of Oxford before Worcester College can consider them. Details of the application procedure are given in the University's Graduate Studies Prospectus.
- Applications are considered for any of the courses in which the College offers admission. For further information please consult the relevant course pages.
- Applications are usually considered by the College’s academic staff in the relevant subject area.
- Preference will normally be given to applicants whose area of study overlaps with the academic interests of the College's academic staff.
- The College aims to admit a certain number of graduate students each year across the range of subjects in which it accepts graduates, and this will determine the number of offers which can be made to applicants. Where there are more applicants than offers which can be made, the relative academic merit and potential of the applicants may be taken into account. It may not be possible to make offers to applicants whose applications are received late in the admissions round, when places are full.
- The possession of competitively-won funding may be taken into account as an indicator of the applicant's academic merit and potential.
- The final decision on whether to offer a place in the light of the overall competition for graduate places and the spread of these places across subject areas is taken by the College's Graduate Office.
- Please note that any offer of a place will be subject to a satisfactory financial declaration that the applicant can meet the tuition costs for the first year of his/her course. For guidance on this matter please refer to the information provided on the University website about financial declarations.
- Preference may be given to current or past students of the College who meet the selection criteria described above.
If you have any queries relating to the process for application to the College, please contact the College’s Graduate Officer, on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1865 278352.